To read about our Youth Director CLICK HERE!
Community Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) seeks to engage and empower youth in ministry, through the loving Spirit of God revealed in Jesus Christ, in order to grow their faith, to grow their self-understanding of their inherent spiritual gifts, and to grow their relationship with God, each other, the church, and the world. Regardless of where a youth find’s themselves on their life’s journey, ALL are welcomed and accepted as a gift from God to be embraced, nurtured and unconditionally loved as they are.
CCC YOUTH GROUP
Our youth group meets Sunday evenings from 4:00 -6:00 p.m at the CCC’s Family Life Center and Gymnasium. Youth group is an opportunity to share our lives, struggles and celebrations together through:
- Discussion on relevant topics relating to faith, life & the world
- Recreation, Sharing Meals together & Prayer for each other
- Mission & Service opportunities on site & off site & Lock Ins.
To download our current Youth Health Forms CLICK HERE!
MISSION ACTIVITIES & TRIPS
- Preparing & serving meals at Ronald McDonald House
- Packing meals for “Feed My Starving Children” initiative
- Collecting & packing shoes for “The Shoeman” mission.
- Re-building New Orleans & Joplin after natural disasters.
- Making blankets for Project Linus
- Raking leaves, making cards & shoveling snow for shut ins.
- Setting up, serving & selling soda (for mission) at CCC events such as the Chili Cook off & Thanksgiving feast.
- Baking Cookies for Children’s Ministry events.
Youth in Service – Youth in Mission
CCC Youth are nurtured and encouraged to participate as leaders in worship in the following ways:
- Praise Music
- Children’s Moment
- Leading Prayers
- Offering a Message
- Presiding at the Communion Table
Every Year CCC Youth come together to imagine, pray & prepare to serve & lead a thematic worship service through music, a message, prayers, children’s moment & preparing & serving communion.